Do you owe me a favour?
Did you forget to get me a birthday present? (It’s tomorrow.)
If so, here’s your opportunity to square things up. As you may know (I’m sure I’ve bored most of you to tears about it already) I’m helping organise Brighton Mini Maker Faire. It’s the world’s greatest event for makers, crafters, hackers, inventors, geeks – and everyone else. And we’re bringing it to the world’s greatest city (yes, I mean Brighton).
And it’s happening 2 weeks tomorrow – Saturday 3rd September at the Brighton Dome. With two weeks to go, we’re in a mad rush to finish all the last minute preparations and make sure it all runs smoothly on the day. And we want as many people there as possible. We want queues round the block! And that’s where you come in.
As well as coming along in the day (did I mention it’s free?) there are some simple things you can do to help spread the word.
- Invite all your Facebook friends to the Facebook event page and ask them to invite their friends: http://ow.ly/67qKb
- Tweet about the event, using the #bmmf hashtag and @MakerFaireBTN
- Post a link to the web site on your LinkedIn profile feed: http://www.makerfairebrighton.com/
- Write about it on your blog/Tumblr/Facebook page etc. Don’t forget to link to www.makerfairebrighton.com
- Display a PicBadge on your Facebook and/or Twitter profile pic: http://www.picbadges.com/brighton-mini-maker-faire
- And the old school one – email all your friends and contacts to tell them about it
- Ask any journalists/media contacts you have if they can write/broadcast about it (or pass contacts on to me if you prefer)
Consider it a favour repaid, or a birthday present given. Thank you!
Thanks to Rowan at super-cool social media agency Content & Motion for the list.
Hope to see you there.