Looking Sideways Episode 9 — Christian Hambly
In this episode, I talk to Christian Hambly, and we explore that territory seemingly always on the geek horizon: Coffee.
From espresso machines to domestic brew methods, denaturation to decaffeination, John Gruber to George Clooney, we map out pretty much the whole domain in 55 minutes. If you’re a long-standing coffee nut (‘bean’?), my ill-informed questions will infuriate you, but if, like me, you’re just setting out on this voyage, Christian’s expertise and enthusiasm will guide you to the promised land.
And rest assured, you won’t have to endure any of these metaphors during the show.
Links for this episode
- The Talk Show: John Gruber’s 3 keys to internet success
- Brighton coffee shops: Small Batch Coffee and Taylor Street Baristas
- Christian Hambly’s talk at MK Geek Night
- Brew methods
Coffee bean suppliers: Has Bean Coffee,
- Christian’s Mahlkonig Vario coffee grinder
- Christian’s website and Twitter
Since we recorded this show, I’ve bought a coffee grander, a
Hario Ceramic Slim mill (UK affiliate link) and some beans. So hopefully we’ll be able to record a follow up episode and go a little deeper.