In this episode, I speak to writer, publisher, producer, maker and all round difficult-to-pigeonhole person, Leila Johnston. We talk about play, and making for the sake of it; that bit in the venn diagram where geeks and sci-fi cross over; the future, and what it means without the past; grassroots movements and the consumer experience; coding because you have to, and experts vs ignorance.
Plus – in what is becoming a regular feature – more holiday tips.
Links for this episode
- Hack Circus
- Sandy Noble’s Linear Clock
- Leila at TEDx Brighton
- Warhammer and Warhammer 40K
- Sarah Angliss in Wired
- Alex May on the ZX Spectrum
- Holiday tips! Acoustic Mirrors at Dungeoness, and Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station, Lizard Peninsula
- Leila’s website, Finalbullet.com